Our School Model
Our school model maximizes time for academics, offers a well-balanced curriculum, and develops adults to perform at the highest levels.
- We begin with goals and focus on outcomes. Our schools are focused, results-oriented, and driven by accountability.
- Our instructional models have proven results, and our teachers use best practices to get the most out of every lesson every day.
- Our schools are structured and orderly, allowing for focused learning. Students feel safe, and a healthy culture of joyful learning is pervasive.
- We unite around common values that develop character, leadership, and responsibility.
- We provide transformational professional development and ongoing support for teachers. Our teachers are inspired by the mission of our school and strive to teach at the highest levels.
- A strong partnership with parents and families builds a bridge between home and school.
- Our Principals are the leaders for academic instruction and school culture. Julie Lause (at Harriet Tubman Charter) and Julie MacFetters (at Akili Academy) are experienced educators who build a team of teachers and leaders and set the vision for the school.